Saturday, January 28, 2017

Julio Fine Arts Gallery

Last Friday, I went to the Julio Fine Arts Gallery located in the Andrew White College Center. Though this was not my first time attending the gallery, it was my first time focusing in on the work's meaning. A piece that especially caught my eye was called "White Noise: Lulu." The artist provided meaning behind the painting. She includes the aspect of music through a different medium. Her piece of art was supposed to show the different reactions each person has to music. I found this to be an interesting topic because all feel music in different ways. Music evokes emotion to everyone, but in different ways. She showed two different people listening to the same piece of music, and there is a distinct difference in their facial expressions.
I related this to myself because I feel different emotions than others when I listen to a certain song, and vice versa. I especially find art that shows human emotion to be interesting because everyone can connect to it. In result, this piece of art stood out to me the most. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment